Food for those who don't like food.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Everybody is Someone

I was as of today officially not accepted into the Montreal Urban Cultures Discipleship Training School. I'll make another post later with what I think on this, but I'm not quite sure of that at the moment.

...I'm okay so far though. Just to make this a little less than not cheery, I give you the word of the moment.

corroborate \kuh-ROB-uh-rayt\, transitive verb:
To strengthen or make more certain with other evidence.

Whenever I can, I interview family and friends extensively both to corroborate the history given me by the defendant and to gain insight into his behavior and personality.
-- Barbara R. Kirwin, Ph.D., The Mad, the Bad, and the Innocent: The Criminal Mind on Trial

He said that when the jurors confronted discrepancies in any of the prosecution witnesses' descriptions, they used the testimony of other prosecution witnesses to corroborate the chronology.
-- "Most Jurors Thought Schwarz Aided Attack, Foreman Says", New York Times, August 2, 2002

As we have no public notoriety, no concurrent testimony, no records to support and corroborate what we deliver, it becomes us to keep within the limits not only of possibility, but of probability too.
-- Henry Fielding, The History of Tom Jones

3 comments:

J n' N said...

josh, maybe it is not appropriate for me to comment on this post. But can I say I am happy to hear you are applying for DTS's.
Everything is made beautiful in his time.
Your sister... Nancy

The Overworked Barista said...

Nancy.

Even though we never got all that close at YWAM Vancouver, you're a sweetheart and a goofball and how could a person know you and not appreciate that? Comment anytime you want on any post, I won't stop you. I moderate my comments now because I was getting a lot of spam robots commenting...freaky. So if you're really worried, I could not publish something.

and now I need to make a second post so y'all know I'm doing just fine with this news.

Like the new blog btw, less pink.

...and Exploding Dog is awesome. I've actually been following them for a while because my favorite comic "Scary Go Round" is through the same publishing online group.

=D

grey squirrel said...

You really should update more often. People DO read this thing *gasp*. Don't disappear into your job and leave us wondering "whatever happened to that Joshua Miller from Over There, Somewhere? He disappeared sometime in the middle-ish of August and we've never heard from him again." That just wouldn't be fair.

And come listen to Mississippi Squirrel Revival. It's good.